Product: Ninja Master Prep
Power: 450 Watts
Pitcher-Capacity: 6 cups (48 oz.)
Processor Bowl Capacity: 5 cups (40 oz.)
Chopper Bowl Capacity: 2 cups (16 oz.)
Attachments: 4-blade and 6-blade set
Warranty: 1-year (Additional Protection Plans Available)
Other: BPA free/Dishwasher Safe
Patented Ninja Blade Technology
Use the versatile Ninja Master Prep Professional to create nutritional fruit & veggie smoothies out of frozen foods, turn ice into snow or to evenly chop fresh ingredients into 3 conveniently-sized jars using the power pod.
The 450-watt power pod is ergonomic, interchangeable, and easy to use. Simply fit it to the top of the container and use the palm of your hand to press the chrome button for continual blending or pulsing as needed.
The set includes a 16 oz. chopper bowl, 40 oz. processor bowl, and 48 oz. pitcher, all with non-slip bases and splash guards. After blending, included storage lids are handy for keeping food fresh if you are not serving it immediately.
The Ninja blender/food processor is BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
Use it to Make a Healthy Ice Cream Alternative
My absolute favorite use for this blender is to make chocolate ice cream out of frozen ripe bananas, cocoa powder, and a bit of liquid (cold-brew coffee, milk or plant-based milk, or water). In just a few minutes, I have a delicious, nutritious treat that tastes just like chocolate ice cream but with no added sugar. The sweetness comes from the ripe bananas, and the banana flavor disappears under the cocoa powder.
To freeze the bananas, I peel and store them in a zip-lock bag, then cut them into chunks as I add them to the blender bowl. If your freezer is super-cold, you may prefer to cut the bananas before freezing as they will be harder to cut when frozen.
Make Baby Food
The smaller pitcher is perfect for pureeing a variety of foods into baby food. For smaller children, you may want to add a little breast milk or formula for a thinner texture but it will blend most foods just fine without. Some suggested foods are bananas, avocados, carrots, sweet potatoes, or broccoli.
You can even make larger quantities of baby food and freeze it in ice-cube trays, then transfer the cubes to a freezer-safe container and thaw as needed. This is a wonderful time-saver.
The blender/food processor is perfect for all this and more.
- Chopping veggies for stir-fry
- Chop onions without tears
- Turning oats into oat flour
- Create hummus, guacamole, salsa, pesto, falafel
- Make nut butter
- Whip up fruit sorbets
- Make your own plant-based milk
Some Things I Love
- Both the medium and large containers are pitchers with handles and the lid has a spout for easy pouring.
- The non-slip bases keep the pitchers from “walking” across the counter.
- It efficiently blends hot soups.
- They clean easily if you fill them with soapy, warm water and blend for a few seconds.
- Food doesn’t get trapped under the blade; it effectively blends all of it.
- Multiple blades allow for even blending without having to stop and stir throughout the process.
- The power pod allows complete control over blending so you control the results.
What I Don’t Love
- The lids are hard to clean by hand if you don’t do it right away and allow the food to dry on them.
- The blades are wickedly sharp and dangerous to wash but a soft bottle brush works nicely. Use caution when putting them away. I store the blades inside the pitchers with the lid secured.
- The splash guards have to be put on the right way in order to work.
All in all, this has been one of the most useful tools in my kitchen. In the spring and summer, I use it almost every day to make mock ice cream or smoothies. In winter, it’s wonderful for soups. Although I have never owned a Vitamix, many Amazon customers compare this to a Vitamix. Depending upon your particular needs, this may be a much more economical and useful alternative. It does not heat like a Vitamix but it can handle pre-heated foods.
This item has over 4,000 reviews on Amazon, which you can look at here:
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. ~Theresa